Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 12, 2019, when Downtown Clinton’s largest annual event will take place — the Clinton Square Fair. This year marks the 32nd year of the event, and thanks to our growing constellation of partners, this year’s event will be the biggest and best yet! Prospective vendors can print an application here: Vendor_EntryForm 2019 and BBQ Cook-off_EntryForm 2019
Events and Things to Do
- Barbecue Cook-Off –Hogs will be delivered the night before and teams will spend the night preparing and cooking for the day’s competition
- Arts Activities — the Sampson County Arts Council will host a variety of arts activities in the park neighboring the “Milling Around” art installation.
- Car Show — the Ol’ Lightning Rods Antique Car Show will be held at the Clinton City Market on Lisbon Street. Participants may register their cars until Noon at the City Market on the day of the event. Oldies 1170 AM will be broadcasting live from the car show with Bob Stroud and the Boogies Shoes Network.
- Museum Day — The Sampson County History Museum, located on Lisbon Street, will offer a variety of free demonstrations and exhibits to fair-goers from 10 am until 3 pm.
- Sampson County BCCCP — The Breast and Cervical Cancer Awareness Rally will begin on the Main Street side of the Sampson County courthouse at 9:30 am. The walk will end at the City of Clinton Auditorium, 221 Lisbon Street, where the rally/ health fair will continue until 3 pm.
- Live Music — There will be live local music on the square at the intersection of College and Main Streets.
The Clinton Main Street Program brings this event to you in partnership with the Sampson Arts Council, Sampson County Cooperative Extension, the Sampson County History Museum, the Ol’ Lightnin’ Rods Car Club and the Sampson County Breast & Cervical Cancer Control Program. In addition to these partners, we are also very appreciative of our sponsors for the Barbecue Cook-off this year. Our Gold sponsors are Hog Slat, Prestage Farms, Smithfield Hog Production Division, and Smithfield Foods, while our Silver sponsor is Williamson Gas.
For more information, please call 910-299-4904.