Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 14, 2017, when Downtown Clinton’s largest annual event will take place — the Court Square Street Fair and Barbecue Cook-Off. This year marks the 30th year of the event, and thanks to our growing constellation of partners, this year’s event will be the biggest and best yet! Prospective vendors can print an application here: Vendor Entry Form 2016 and BBQ Cook-off Entry Form 2016
Events and Things to Do
- Barbecue Cook-Off –Hogs will be delivered the night before and teams will spend the night preparing and cooking for the day’s competition
- 5th Annual Downtown Dash 5K, 10k, and Fun Run — Begins at 8:30am in the Vance Street Parking Lot. Please contact Alison Bradshaw at (910) 592-1942 for more information about this aspect of the event. You may follow the following link, or print out a paper application to register for the race.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Rally — Begins on the Main Street side of the county courthouse at 9:30 am and the walk will end at the Sampson Center (808 Barden Street), where the rally will continue until Noon.
- Arts Activities — the Sampson County Arts Council will host a variety of arts activities in the park neighboring the “Milling Around” art installation.
- Car Show — the Ol’ Lightning Rods Antique Car Show will be held at the Clinton City Market on Lisbon Street. Participants may register their cars until Noon at the City Market on the day of the event. Oldies 1170 AM will be broadcasting live from the car show with Bob Stroud and the Boogies Shoes Network.
- Craft Demonstration Day — The Sampson County History Museum, located on Lisbon Street, will offer a variety of free demonstrations and exhibits to fairgoers from 10am until 3pm.
- Live Music — There will be live local music on the square at the intersection of College and Main Streets.
The Clinton Main Street Program brings this event to you in partnership with the Sampson Regional Medical Center, the Sampson Arts Council, BCCCP, Sampson County Cooperative Extension, the Sampson County History Museum, the Downtown Dash Committee, the Ol’ Lightnin’ Rods Car Club, and the City of Clinton. In addition to these partners, we are also very appreciative of our sponsors for the Barbecue Cook-off this year. Our Gold sponsors are Hog Slat, Prestage Farms, Smithfield Hog Production Division, and Smithfield Foods, while our Silver sponsor is Williamson Gas.
For more information, please contact Tyler Baxter at 910-299-4904.